Re: Request freeze exception for illuminator

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:20 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:59:25AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > Please consider illuminator for a freeze exception.  It does not build
> > on HPPA because petsc (which I also maintain) )doesn't build on HPPA,
> > which in turn is because of a python bug, #354139.
>
> Nevertheless, this is a problem that it's your responsibility as maintainer
> to resolve if you want the package included in the release.  If you believe
> the package should be included in etch without the hppa binary, you need to
> ask the ftpmasters to remove the old hppa binary from unstable.

Done, thanks.

> > Illuminator is bug-free and lintian clean.  It went into unstable 9 days
> > ago, so is scheduled to enter testing tomorrow, if unfrozen.  It was
> > part of sarge and woody, and if at all possible I would like it to be in
> > etch as well.
>
> The time for this issue to have been resolved was three months ago, before
> the targetted release date, not one week ago (or tomorrow, given that hppa
> is still not sorted).  illuminator at this point has been gone from testing
> for over a year; I'm not likely to take time away from working on release
> blockers to consider such an update.

I understand fully that my package was not ready by the target release
date, and would not have been part of etch had we released on time, and
might still not be part of etch.  I did not understand that it takes so
much time to do a freeze exception (comparable to fixing a release
blocker, apparently).

I will make the request again when the ftpmasters have closed bug
410126, and would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to
make the exception at that time.

Regards,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html