Re: Please update ttf-dejavu

On Saturday 03 February 2007 09:28, Frans Pop wrote:
> So, no, I don't think dejavu should be hinted yet. I'd like to see a
> bit more activity from the font people to check how things look _in_
> the graphical installer first.

I just noticed that the base size for ar and fa has increased too.

Hmm. It is even increased for dz and hi, which are from different fonts.
Could it be that these size increases are only due to the increased font
size in the installer, and not at all to changes in dejavu? In that case
it would be good if the screenshots for 13 could be updated using a
current installer for better comparison.
It would also mean that Christian's argument regarding the improvement for
bn is invalid.

The problem with accents seems to be a more general regression. Compare
also for example the accented y and N characters for be. These look fuzzy
in 14 when compared to 13. (For the y the accent is centered better
though.)
Same goes for r, e and s for cs.

IMHO this should be fixed.