Re: Fwd: Upcoming Release of Debian GNU/Linux 4.0

On Friday 28 July 2006 00:30, Jason Self wrote:
> On 7/27/06, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> > With all due respect, but I oppose to delaying etch because of
> > powerpc sound problems.
>
> I can live without sound. It's not sound; but the crash it causes.
> Debian won't boot. The systems crash with all thermal fans spinning at
> maximum speed. They can't even boot the installer.

How can that be caused by a sound driver module? The installer does not
contain any sound driver modules, it only sets things up so that they
will be loaded by the installed system after the reboot.
And we've fixed that now (pending upload).

So, if the installer cannot be booted on those systems, there is another
issue.