Re: Please hint firefox into testing

* Luk Claes (luk@debian.org) wrote:
> Eric Dorland wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi
>
> > According to http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=firefox
> > firefox is ready to go into testing, except it's blocking on a bunch
> > of translation packages that have been updated and renamed themselves
> > already for the most part.
>
> What about the build failure on sparc?

I was under the impression the sparc wasn't a blocker for testing
propagation because it hasn't been keeping up. The only reason the
build failed on sparc was because of some broken gnome
dependencies. Once that is sorted out, it should build just fine.

> I've uploaded a fixed package of mozilla-firefox-locale-all yesterday...
>  Apparantly all the depending packages should be no problem as they are
> updated. But there are some problems with the non-depending packages:
> m-f-locale-af-za, m-f-locale-ast-es, m-f-locale-pt-pt, m-f-locale-sq-al
> and m-f-theme-rtlclassic are not provided by the
> mozilla-firefox-locale-all package anymore as the translations are
> outdated; m-f-locale-ar, m-f-locale-el, m-f-locale-it, m-f-locale-ja and
> m-f-locale-tr ship translations for an outdated mozilla-firefox at least
> according to their dependencies...

They've had nearly 4 months since firefox 1.5 was uploaded to
unstable. We can't wait around for them to provide translations
forever.

--
Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com