Re: NMU sysklogd and/or switch to different system logger?

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 06:29:50PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > sysklogd has two annoyingly-long-open patched RC bugs.
> > (syslog-ng, for example, doesn't.)
> >
> > sysklogd's maintainer (Martin Schulze) is presumably too busy to deal with
> > it, or something.  Either sysklogd should be NMUed, or a different
> > syslog package should be the default for sarge.  Thoughts?
>
> Does a MU fit as well?

Well, of course, but sysklogd's history doesn't look like a MU is very
likely to happen. Therefore, I wouldn't blame Nathanael for not
considering that option.

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29