Re: release-reminder.txt draft

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:46:23 +0100
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 02:29:08AM -0500, David B Harris écrivait:
> > No need to use it, but aj asked what sort of thing might be useful to
> > encourage people to fix RC bugs, and I think this would do it for me.
> > One mail per source package per maintainer (I'd send it to the
> > Maintainer: as well as all the Uploaders:, just in case the Maintainer:
> > is AWOL).
>
> I think it would be a great idea as well. Another interesting thing
> could be to send a copy to the PTS so that people subscribed to the
> package are also encouraged to fix the RC bugs of the package that
> they're following.

Ah, good idea, I hadn't considered that.

> > This mail is sent as part of the Sarge release process. Please don't ignore
> > it. If for some reason you're unable to take action regarding the issues
> > outlined below, please inform @SOME-EMAIL-ADDY-HERE@.
>
> debian-qa@lists.debian.org ?

There was some talk about what should be done if people still don't get
their RC bugs fixed; an address that goes to the RM team probably makes
more sense so they can more easily track who can't manage stuff before
the release is due.

P.S.: I'm subscribed to debian-release@lists.debian.org, nobody needs to
      CC: me on replies.