Re: kwindowsystem_5.13.0-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On 2015-08-21 11:20, Mario Fux wrote:
Am Freitag, 21. August 2015, 10.48:08 schrieb Pino Toscano:

>> > So please be concrete. What do you expect Maxy to do now? Change the
>> > past?
>> > Most probably not? Apologize? That he did? Change his way of working?
>> > As I see
>> > it he wrote that he will try hard not to do it again. What else do you
>> > expect?
>>
>> Honestly? I don't expect anything from now on.
>
> So honestly, what did you want to achieve with these emails then? I can
> see
> (but of course might be wrong) two things:
> - Bringing up this problem (IMHO not in a very constructive way)

The constructive way has not worked for years, otherwise we wouldn't
be at this point. Do we agree on this?

No, we don't agree.

Then please do tell me: telling about *the very same issues* to Maxy
(= constructive way, right?) lead to... the very same issue happening
again and again.

What's your stance on this?

>> I've been already hit
>> by these issues a number of times in the last 3 years (and lately
>> I've reducing my contributions to places where Maxy works on too,
>> *exactly* to not being hit by that), see also a+b+c+d in [1].
>>
>> Look, I understand you are seeing me right now as the "complaining guy
>> throwing accusation that random" (which is not), but do you really
>> think I would say this if not because I think there *is* a problem
>> with this?
>
> No, I don't think so. But I just don't understand your intentions with
> these
> emails. I just don't get it and you didn't answer my questions above:
> "Be
> concrete, what do you expect Maxy to do?"

I did answer you: at this point, I expect nothing anymore from him.

Ok, then this discussion makes no sense for me anymore and thus is useless.

You are right: this discussion with people not having dealt with
actual packaging work with Maxy cannot understand all the issues
involved in this. As such, I didn't expect you to see anything past
the "bad Pino is ranting", and you did not disappoint me in that.

And honestly with this it looks really just like a rant from your side. Sorry to say that but that's my perspective and how I (and probably others too) perseive it. Ranting just for the case of ranting and not with the intention to make it somehow better is just destructive and not worth spending more time
on it.

I told about that I *tried* to have Maxy behave more cooperatively,
to make things better. This "rant" is just the last point in a list
of other events, and you honestly are looking *only* at it. Pity.

--
Pino Toscano