Re: qmakespec, qtcreator and orange-engine

Hi,

please note that generally this kind of questions belong to an user
mailing list (like debian-user@d.o), or directly better to the upstream
developer. This is mainly a *packaging* list.

Alle venerdì 13 gennaio 2012, shirish शिरीष ha scritto:
> I have been having a bit of trouble making qtcreator build couple of
> game projects. I have been trying to build a game called orange and
> the game-engine called orange-engine.
>
> https://gitorious.org/orange-engine/pages/Home
>
> As per instructions on the page and my asking advice from the
> developer I have added this to my .bashrc :-

To be honest, I don't see why one would need to manually set $QMAKESPEC.

> export QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++

so what
$ echo $QMAKESPEC
gives as output?

> Now whenever I try the GUI based qt4-qmake I get the following error
> :-
>
> Starting: "/usr/bin/qmake-qt4"
> /home/shirish/games/orange-engine/qrpgedit/qrpgedit.pro -r
> CONFIG+=debug -spec /usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++
> Failure to read QMAKESPEC conf file
> /usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf. Error processing
> project file:

The only mention of lib64 is in the upstream Makefile's (which upstream
should NOT provide in whichever version control system uses).
Are you sure you really removed all the "Makefile" files?
$ find . -name Makefile -delete
from the top-level for the checkout.

Also, did you try to build each module from a terminal running qmake-qt4
to regenerate the Makefiles, *without* a $QMAKESPEC set?

--
Pino Toscano