Re: contribution to koffice packaging

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 09:36:56PM +0100, Adrien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using Debian, KDE and Koffice for a few years now. I recently
> saw that the maintainers of Koffice are looking for help :
>
> So I am offering my help, as I am using kword, kpresenter and sometimes
> krita, and I like these softwares :-) I posted an answer to the wnpp bug :
>
> I am motivated to contribute and to learn, but I have never done any
> packaging work before, and my only contributions to Debian are on french
> translations. I have some knowledge in programming (C, C++, ruby, cmake,
> git…), sys admin and I have (quickly) read the webpages concerning the
> development in Debian:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/
>
> I am not very busy for now, so I can spend some of my spare time for this
> project.
>
> I don't know very well on which points you need help, how you are organized
> and how to start.
> Maybe I can begin with bugs triage or simple tasks?
>
> Please let me know how you would like me to contribute!

Hi Adrien, I am sorry I did not answer you before, I do not read this list
very often.

As you might know, koffice is not going to be around a lot of time longer
in Debian and it is going to be replaced by Calligra. If you want to help,
a needed task is looking at all the pending bugs and:
- checking what are fixed in Calligra (action: mark them with a user-tag)
- what bugs do not apply anymore (action: close them)
- what bugs should be forwarded to upstream.(action you forward them
to kde bugzilla [1] [2]

[1] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/usertags.html (e.g. usertag
fixed-calligra)
[2] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/btslink.html
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-bugzilla-survival-guide.html

If you want to take a look at calligra packages, there is a repo with a
ver minimal packaging at:
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-kde/kde-std/calligra.git;a=summary
that makes a big calligra.deb. Note, that only can be used to test calligra
without corrupting your system.

Ana