Re: kprof removal?

Hi!

On 02/26/2011 08:09 PM, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I was wondering if it is time to ask for the removal of kprof.
> kprof did not make into Squeeze due to a RC bug and it uses kdelibs
> from KDE3 that as you might know we are trying to remove
> from the archive. (See bug: http://bugs.debian.org/604303)

kprof has been a pain to maintain for as far back as I can remember, the
previous maintainer was planning to orphan the package when I picked it up!

> Do you know if there is a port for KDE 4? Could I go ahead
> and file for removal?

The project has been dead upstream for a while and I doubt anybody will
port it to Qt/KDE 4. I think we can safely file for removal, kcachegrind
does a much better job nowadays.

Cheers,
Jeremy