Re: Accepted kdeplasma-addons 4:4.4.4-1 (source all amd64)

On Tuesday, 1. June 2010. Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers wrote:
>    * Merge liblancelot0 into plasma-widget-lancelot. liblancelot.so.0 broke
> ABI without bumping a soname in KDE SC 4.5 again.

Hi our friendly KDebian maintainers,

I would have appreciated it very much if you mailed me first time you had this
issue. As a developer and Debian user I have no idea about policies regarding
ABI and relations to Debian packages.

I guess it would have saved you a lot of hassle if you notified me of this
issue before and if we dealt with it on time. I usually don't even read the
mails titled 'Accepted kdeplasma-addons ...' - this time I did by pure luck.

Anyhow, liblancelot has no ABI-stability planned for the foreseeable future,
but from KDE SC 4.6 not only plasma-widget-lancelot will depend on it - the
Shelf applet, now a part of lancelot's build will move out since it can be
used even w/o plasma-widget-lancelot installed.

Cheerio and keep up the good work,
Ivan

--

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
   -- Leo Rosten