Re: proposal to remove skim and scim-qtimm from sid

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Zhengpeng Hou wrote:

Hi all,
the upstream author of skim and scim-qtimm is the same one, and he hasn't
touched this two for quite a while, from what I remember, more than 2 years.
And the fact is the whole scim project is under non-maintained as well.
Besides this, KDE 4 is being widely adopted nowadays, I'm not sure how many
users will still use these two qt3/kde3 applications, just for a input method.
Therefore, I proposal to remove these two from sid.
Skim has some reverse depends, so I looped in corresponding maintainers.
What do you guys think about it?

I agree and we should move quickly to ensure it is done before the lenny freeze.

Question: is ibus a complete replacement for scim at this stage? If so we may want to deprecate scim altogether.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>