libblitz - name space pollution

Hi,

I noticed that we have a name space polution:

  $ apt-cache search libblitz
  libblitz-dev - KDE/Qt image filter library - development files
  libblitz0 - C++ template class library for scientific computing
  libblitz4 - KDE/Qt image filter library
  libblitz0-dev - C++ template class library for scientific computing
  libblitz-doc - C++ template class library for scientific computing
  libblitz0ldbl - C++ template class library for scientific computing

which means that two completely different library and both of them
install /usr/lib/libblitz.so (and other files).

I feel responsible for libblitz++ (group maintained with Konstantinos
Margaritis) and I personally initiated changing the name from
libblitz++ to libblitz in the package because some tools did not
really liked the '++' but the actual files are named without the '++'
anyway and thus re-renaming the package to libblitz++ would not help
anyway.  So what would be the best way to go in this case?

I have no idea about the importance and role of libblitz inside
the KDE project and I'm definitely think that blitz is a generic
name that is not really well choosen in both cases.  The KDE
libblitz4 is at version number 0.0.3 so probably quite young
while libblitz++ is even though it did not reached version 1.0
a quite old project.

Any reasonable advise?

Kind regards

         Andreas.