Re: KNetworkManager?

Joseph M. Gaffney wrote:
> Before going over to Debian, I used SUSE.  In the betas that came out, a new
> tool, NetworkManager, was implemented to handle wired and wireless networks.
> Worked damn well too using the KDE front end, KNetworkManager.
>
> I noticed that NetworkManager is available in unstable as network-manager (and
> as network-manager-gnome, with the same package info, oddly enough), but I
> didn't see KNetworkManager.  Is anyone planning on packaging/maintaining
> this?  Its probably the slickest network tool I've seen yet, which is why I
> was wondering.

Packages are on its way. The problem is, that knetworkmanager requires a
recent NetworkManager (>= 0.6). Packages for 0.6.2 are ready, we are
just waiting for wpasupplicant-0.4.8 which is a requirement for NM-0.6.
The maintainer of the wpasupplicant package, promised to upload 0.4.8
this weekend. NM-0.6.2 will follow shortly after and knetworkmanager
after NM-0.6.2. This should all happen in one weeks time.
So stay tuned.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?