Can't update KDE from alioth, are server Packages broken?

Ok, after an accidental upgrade against unstable destroyed my system last
night I did a fresh net-work install of sarge-stable. Which give me KDE
3.3 amongst everything else. I need to get KDE 3.4 or better.

Apparently
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.0/ is mostly not there anymore.
I tried "apt-get update" against
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.3/ but the package list
Packages.gz is still not found.

if I use:
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.5-rc1/ or
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.5.0/
I can "apt-get update" but then "apt-get dist-upgrade |less" tells me
that
5 packages will be upgraded, 6 newly installed 266 removed, and i think 4
untouched.

This would not be a good thing! I did a couple searches, but the docs seem
to be a couple months out of date and i'm at a loss. Not even sure if this
is the right list, but i took a 'best-guess'.

Can someone tell me where I went wrong or how I can upgrade to KDE-3.4.0
or better? And what DID happen to alioth?..

Much thanks!
Steven