Re: howto pack kdm-themes

Hi Chistopher, hi KDE-devs,

[...]
> 1) While icon themes are large and should therefore be packaged
> individually, I doesn't really make sense to maintain a potentially large
> number of packages with kdm themes, all of which are 300k. Perhaps it
> would be better to maintain a single kdm theme package, named something
> like kde-themes-kdm, or kde-kdm-themes. As maintainer of such a package,
> you would have to exercise judgment about which kdm themes to include and
> which to leave out (since you'll get wishlist requests from users, etc.).
[...]
> Anyway, let us know what you think about these ideas, and if you make a
> new package, send us a link to it so we can have a quick look. Hopefully
> we can work out a solution that we all like, and then your package can be
> accepted into the archive.

Thanks for you interest in my package and thanks for the hints. I'd really
like to maintain some KDM-themes if this is possible. But I have some
questions about the future practice.

As I understand you, I should take a few (lets say five for the start)
themes and put them all together in a package named kde-kdm-themes. But
what I'd really like to see in this case is, that I/we should be able to
add some themes in the future in this package.

I'd like to emphasis this point because, kdm-themes are quiet new (since
3.4.2 I think) and not even enabled by default in debian (which I requested
a few weeks ago BTW ;).

So chances are high, that in the next moths better themes will appear and it
would be sad if we had to stick with old themes just because I was "mad
now" to upload some packages.

If it would be possible to add some themes from time to time, than I'd get
my hands on some top-10-on-kde-look-org themes an make a new package in the
next days.

And when we talk about kdm-themes -- would it be possible to uncomment the
"UseTheme=True" line in kdmrc in future (>= 3.4.2) versions of kde?

Kind regards

Bastian