Re: Request from Debian packagers: please don't ship debian/ in tarballs

> Since Ben takes objection to my characterisation of some of the man
> pages, let's leave them out of the equation. I will mark up and add
> to the KDE repo all the ones still left in the modules he mentioned
> (which I note was something that had already been started.)

Yes, Ben has written a lot of good man pages for the packages he
maintained. though, some (a lot in fact) of the man pages of the others
packages weren't that good, and have been removed in our repos. Ben did
a great job with writing those, and we should all praise him for that.

> Given that, I'll ask again what I asked yesterday: Excluding the man
> pages this time, if the rest of them are out of date, and possibly
> break builds, you are happy with your own repo, and they are not to
> be shipped, isn't this a good time to take the debian directories out
> of the KDE repo?  What use would it be to leave them there?

there is some pple that are used to see them here, and that want to have
them. But I believe this is easier to have a script that get the right
part from svn.kde.org and the rignt one from alioth and creates the
checkout with both. So (excluding the man page problem) IMHO we can
delete debian/ dirs from the kde svn (it's my personnal opinion, and
not the official debian kde team one. So maybe I miss some important
point, so please don't act immediately)
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit