Re: galeon: Incorrect parsing of .desktop files

clone 301810 -1
reassign 301810 kpdf
reassign -1 libgnomevfs2-0
thanks

        Hi,

On Sat, May 21, 2005, Dylan Thurston wrote:
> Go to a web page with a link to a PDF file.  Click on the link, and in
> the dialog box choose to have the file opened with kpdf.  There will be
> 3 windows opened, all titled '%c', two empty, and one with the document
> you want.

 Indeed, I could reproduce your problem with kpdf.  You were correct
 that this is caused by the various fields used in the "Exec" line of
 the desktop file.

 This isn't the work of Galeon itself as you can guess.  Galeon relies
 on the GNOME API to open applications supporting the application/pdf
 MIME type to resolve such command lines.

 As far as I can tell, kpdf uses %m which is deprecated, but also %i and
 %c which aren't, so there's probably a problem both in kpdf and in the
 GNOME implementation of the desktop entry specification.

 I'm cloning / reassigning to gnomevfs and kpdf, since I believe kpdf's
 desktop file could be improved (to use %U for example, since kpdf seems
 to perfectly support http:// URLs), and GnomeVFS lacks some fields in
 its implementation.

 I'm shocked that Desktop Entry files don't have a version.

   Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"Neutral President: I have no strong feelings one way or the other."