#88707 - dead keyboard after starting kdm

Hi,

I don't have much experience reporting bugs, so apologies if this is the
wrong approach. I noticed that
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=88707&archive=yes
has been archived. I ran into the same problem on my Debian sarge
install without ever having touched the kdm configuration. The offending
line was

	:0 local@tty7 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp

in /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers. Replacing this with

	:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt7 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp

did the trick, though I have no idea what any of this means (I simply
copied it from the xdm settings).

Given that this problem occurred in a default configuration, perhaps
this bug should be reopened?

All best,

Erik Möller