Re: The latest kdewebdev-3.4.0-0pre3 build fails

On April 21, 2005 12:37, Mihai Maties wrote:
> The latest changes made to the kdewebdev package (the addition of the uu
> patch and the modified kde.mk) renders the package unbuildable.

Builds fine here. Could you try using a completely fresh copy of kdewebdev,
and/or give me more instructions on exactly how you setup and ran the
build?

That said, I can see that my admittedly hackish rules would break if one ran
reverse-patches (but not clean), then attempted to build the package, since
without clean, apply-patches would attempt to apply the patch twice. The -N
switch helps in this instance.

> The attached patch contains an _ugly_ workaround for this. You might
> consider rewriting the rule for uu patches and maybe move it upstream in
> cdbs since it would be quite usefull for later use.

Indeed, hopefully upstream will eventually incorporate some such system.

Cheers,
Christopher Martin