is lintian warning about .desktop location correct for kicker applets?

Hello,

Please CC any replies to me, because I'm not on this list.

I'm maintaining kaquarium, which is a kicker applet. I was just packaging a new Debian revision (will close #287090), and I am getting what seems to be a new lintian warning about the location of the kaquarium.desktop file.

At present, kaquarium, puts its .desktop file in /usr/share/apps/kicker/applets

It seems that moving the file to /usr/share/applications/kde gets rid of the lintian warning, but also means that kicker doesn't realise that there is a kaquarium applet. So:

1) you can't right-click on kicker, choose Add->Applet->KAquarium,
and
2) KAquarium shows up in the kde menu, under lost&found, which is a problem because at present it isn't meant to be in the menu, so it doesn't get sorted to an appropriate location, and there isn't a menu icon or anything.

So, I am wondering whether that lintian warning is correct for kde panel applets, and if it is correct, whether there is another way to tell kicker that the kaquarium applet exists.

If the lintian warning is incorrect, is that a bug for lintian?

Can anyone make a suggestion as to how I should best handle this?

Thanks,

Helen