KDM

Hi,

I was wondering, if you guys are aware of a problem
with the latest release of the kdm in Debian Sid.
We have been experiencing a strange problem, which
may be related to the hardware that's in our machines.
The motherboards are ASUS with via chipset,
models K8VSE and A7V.

Simply the keyboard becomes nonfunctional when the
kde is about to start, so we can't login.
Keyboard is always functional in the consoles.
USB mouse is functional, so we can switch to the
console using kdm's screen and restart the kdm, which
fixes the problem. The problem was persistant until
we installed the devfsd package, and now the problem
is only occasional. It's strange because we do not use
any 2.4 kernels so the devfsd fails at start, or so it says.
The problem becomes persistant again when we
remove the devfs and install udev which is suitable for
our 2.6 kernels.

Regards,

Nick