Re: kde, language, and openoffice?

* Hadmut Danisch [Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:54:05 +0100]:

> Since I do not want to set the variable globally and do
> not want to fiddle with every single account, I'm looking
> for a way to propagate the KDE language setting into the
> LANG environment variable (once for all users). Any idea
> how to do it?

KDE stores its language settings in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals, so I
think this may be a good start point. I would suggest something like:

    KDEGLOBALS=$HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
    if test -r $KDEGLOBALS; then
        LANG=`awk -F= '/^Language=/ {print $2}' $KDEGLOBALS`
        export LANG
    fi

or something similar in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/91setlang and/or /etc/profile.

Not tested, no warranty, blah blah blah, but HTH.

--
Adeodato Simó (a.k.a. thibaut)
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | IM: my_dato [jabber.org] | PK: DA6AE621

One way to make your old car run better is to look up the price of a new model.