Debian KDE maintenance

Hi,

I have some questions about how development occurs on the KDE Debian
packages:

1.  Exactly what is the role of the alioth pkg-kde project ?  AFAICT
    from the website, there is no activity there, even the CVS
    repository is empty.
2.  Where does active development occur on the packages ?  KDE CVS or
    the repository on alioth ?  If on KDE CVS, then in what branch do
    you work ?  3_1 or HEAD ?  When will you move to the new 3_2
    branch ?
3.  How do you handle the upstream releases ?  Do you take an official
    tarball as prepared by the KDE release dude, or do you pull your
    own copy from CVS at a time that suits you ?  What happens if you
    then need to make some modifications to the debian-specific stuff
    and release a new package, but still based on the same upstream
    release ?
4.  Is there an irc channel where you discuss the debian kde package
    development ?
5.  Is there some kind of procedure on committing changes to the
    debian/ stuff ?  I suppose trivial patches can be applied without
    a problem ?  Where does discussion occur on more intrusive patches
    ?
6.  What is the status of the group maintainership ?

Well, those are basically the questions I have atm, I hope you can
provide me with some answers :)

thanks
domi