Re: automated tests or builds for d-i

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 03:09:45PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > autopkgtest runs come to mind, as we don't have yet a test runner
> > running the actual tests. And without it, it's hard to motivate people
> > to actually develop more autopkgtest tests.
>
> right. This was mentioned on #debian-qa today as well.
>
> What's the best way to get a list of packages with have autopkgtests?

Looking for the "autopkgtest" tag in the "Testsuite:" field of the
source package entry in Sources, see:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=autopkgtest/autopkgtest.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/README.package-tests;hb=HEAD

(which is references from http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/ , who might
be easier to remember as a mnemonic).

Of, if you've a lintian lab or equivalent, grep debian/control for
(checking for word boundaries around "autopkgtest" would be better):

  XS-Testsuite: autopkgtest

A sample package is postgresql:

  zack@usha:/tmp$ apt-cache showsrc postgresql | grep Testsuite
  Testsuite: autopkgtest

There aren't that many packages in the Debian archive with autopkgtest
tests. On my machine I obtain only ~10 packages with the following:

  $ grep-dctrl -s Package,Testsuite,Version -F Testsuite autopkgtest /var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources

but hopefully it will increase thanks to this new test runner!

HTH,
Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .