Re: Load on udd.d.o

On 22/10/11 at 18:51 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi aborts with
> "Current system load (40.27) is too high. Please retry later!"
>
> The load seems to be increasing, it started out at ~25 some hours
> ago.
>
> I'm not sure who has access on that machine, but maybe someone could
> take a look before it comes to a grinding halt :)

The problem is that it's too easy to DoS postgresql. There are currently
~40 SELECTs waiting, mostly from
/org/udd.debian.org/udd/web/cgi-bin/rcbugs.cgi. That script itself is
OK, but generates quite a lot of I/O, and samosa.debian.org is really
slow on I/O.

I don't think that it's possible, in postgres, to set a per user limit
on the duration of queries.

In the meantime, DSA, could you reboot samosa (easy option) or restart
apache and postgres and clean up the remaining processes (if any)?

Lucas