[UDD] Suggested table: release_order

Hi,

recently the type 'release' was dropped because it creates much hasle to
add a new release (needs recreation of tables containing this type etc).
Because I would like to be able to sort entries per release I would like
to suggest a lookup table

CREATE TABLE releases (
       releasename text,
       sort        int,   /* use values 10, 20, 30, 40, ... */
       PRIMARY KEY (releasename)
);

This enables joining and sorting.  We even might consider using a
constraint of the release columns in the tables containing release
columns enforcing values listed in the release table (but perhaps
this is to much (calculating) power for less use.

In case you agree in principle with this approach, how do we want to
handle releases of Ubuntu which reside in UDD as well and SkoleLinux
which I plan to add sooner or later.

What do you think?

Kind regards

      Andreas.