Re: UDD export as RDF data through D2R and a corresponding mapping definition

On 18/03/09 at 13:28 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> [...]
> which can publish RDBMS tables as RDF documents, using a mapping
> description.
>
> I'm documenting bits of what I've done in
> https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web/UltimateDebianDatabaseToRDF should you be interested.
>
> This first prototype allow to express queries such as :
> SELECT DISTINCT ?b ?s WHERE {
>   ?b vocab:bugs_package <http://localhost:2020/resource/package/sympa>.
>   ?b debbugs:hasSubmitter ?s
> }
>
> which returns a list of all bugs id and corresponding bug reporters
> "submitters" (From) addresses on the package sympa in the form of links
> to resources like :
> http://localhost:2020/resource/debbug/169102 - http://localhost:2020/resource/foafdebbug/Olivier+Berger+%3Colivier.berger%40it-sudparis.eu%3E
>
> which each point to different RDF documents like :
> http://localhost:2020/resource/debbug/169102 :
>         debbugs:bugUrl <http://bugs.debian.org/169102>
>         debbugs:hasSubmitter db:foafdebbug/Olivier+Berger+%3Colivier.berger%40it-sudparis.eu%3E
>         debbugs:number 169102
>         debbugs:summary "sympa: Lack of exim configuration for pipe transport"
>         vocab:bugs_arrival "2002-11-14T16:48:05"^^xsd:dateTime
>         vocab:bugs_package db:package/sympa
>         vocab:bugs_severity debbugs:Important
>         rdf:type debbugs:Debbug
>         rdfs:label "Debian bug #169102"
>
> and http://localhost:2020/resource/foafdebbug/Olivier+Berger+%3Colivier.berger%40it-sudparis.eu%3E :
>         rdf:type foaf:Person
>         foaf:mbox <mailto:olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
>         foaf:mbox_sha1sum "6688a14521cd97db162af8f9757f2e2232300e50"
>         foaf:name "Olivier Berger"
>  and with inverse relationships :
>         debbugs:hasSubmitter  db:debbug/169102
>         debbugs:hasSubmitter db:debbug/208203
>
> This is obtained with a simple mapping of data from the bugs table in
> UDD to several ontologies like "foaf", and "debbugs" (a fictive one).
>
> When running such sparql queries, or navigating the URLs provided by
> D2R, the mapping is applied and corresponding SQL queries are done on
> the UDD database (like :
>
>         SELECT DISTINCT 1 FROM "d2r_bugsubmitters" WHERE
>         "d2r_bugsubmitters"."submitter" = 'Olivier Berger
>         <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>'
>
>         SELECT DISTINCT "d2r_bugs"."id" FROM "d2r_bugs" WHERE
>         "d2r_bugs"."submitter" = 'Olivier Berger
>         <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>'
>
> Of course, this would be great if such a service was on the (Semantic)
> Web, with URI for resources becoming real URLs and which may then be
> navigated to discover links to other resources (like my other FOAF
> profiles searching for my foaf:mbox_sha1 on the Web, which would return
> http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/foaf.rdf for instance).
>
> I hope this will trigger some interest by UDD maintainers, and maybe we
> can continue discussing that, and maybe plan to have a D2R server
> alongside UDD on udd.debian.net some day ?

That looks interesting, and I have nothing against having this
together with UDD (especially if I don't have to do any work to have
that happen).

I'm not really familiar with that field, though, so I don't have any
interesting comments to make.