Re: translations about qa.debian.org

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:14:11PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi debian-qa list members,
>
>  Just a simple question -
>
>  Is content language in qa.debian.org only English?
>  (there is no translations?)
>
>  and if I want to translate it, what is needed?

As far as I can see, the source code is available from
http://cvs.debian.org/wml/?cvsroot=qa

but it lacks a support for i18n. That would easy to do, moving the current
content to an english/ subdir, and creating other directories for the other
languages, taking what is needed from the main site makefiles...

The main issue here is if there is a need for that. I mean, I know that
japaneese is a special case, with a lot of developper not speaking english,
and lot of developing work done in english only, but in Debian, the main
communication language is english, and the utility of such translation is
therefor arguable.

At the same time, this argument may be gratuitous, since the developer pages
of the main site are widly translated...

Bye, Mt.

--
Je préfère glisser ma peau sous les draps pour le plaisir des sens ...
... que la risquer sous les drapeaux pour le prix de l'essence."