Re: QA group best practice?

Le Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 02:31:17PM +1000, Matthew Palmer écrivait:
> I want to supply a patch to #202416 (developers-reference: mention QA in NMU
> section).  So I hunted around to find the list of best practices for QA
> uploads that I could base my update on.  But I can't find any.  So, I'm
> going to make some up.
>
> * All changelogs should start with an entry "QA Upload".

Not really needed. This can be deduced from the maintainer field beeing
set to debian-qa.

> * Version numbering should be standard maintainer style, not NMU style.

yes.

> * Ensure that the Maintainer field is set to "Debian QA Group
> <packages@qa.debian.org>".

yes.

> * Subscribe (at least temporarily) to the PTS list for the package after the
> upload, in case your upload causes severe haemmhoraging.

Not really needed ... it's too much for a package which has no
maintainer. There are people who are receiving the bugs and who aren't
MIA and who will notice that there's a problem.

> * Make sure you keep the comments in the BTS up to date.  If you're working
> on a fix, say so.  If you've got an upload in the pipeline, tag the bug
> pending.  This minimises duplicated effort, and keeps a record of work done

This is not specific to QA ... it's common sense. :)

> I'm planning on making a short speil on QA uploads to put into the
> developers' reference to satisfy #202416.  I'm more varied about putting the
> full rulebook into the dev-ref.  Should we give QA a higher priority by

There's no full rulebook, just try to be short and on the point. And put
it in devel-ref.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com