Re: Removing ssh2

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 09:55:36AM +0200, Matej Vela wrote:
> Can we remove ssh2?  It's non-free, it was orphaned more than a year
> ago, and it has 21 bugs open.

We're also at least a full major version behind upstream, and
forward-porting our patches is a non-trivial amount of work (I tried).
I'd say drop it, as right now any tiny minority of users who do happen
to need it would really be better off building a modern version
themselves.

Also note that, while the O: bug for ssh2 was filed in June 2001, ssh2
was actually orphaned when its maintainer left the project more than a
year before that, so it has now gone for nearly two and a half years
without a maintainer.