Re: Breaking changes in pytest 8

Hi Timo,

Please can we hold back on uploading pytest 8 to unstable until the
current Python 3.12 transition is complete?  It is entirely possible
that several of the packages that currently break with pytest 8
already have newer upstream versions that address these issues, but
it's probably not wise to mix that in with the current transition.

Best wishes,

   Julian