Re: [Debian-salsa-ci] Publishing multiple packages with aptly in Salsa CI

Hi,

Someone wrote:

>> However, one other thing I wanted to achieve was to take the complete set of
>> new packages and to publish them in a single package repository. This would
>> allow people to install and test the built packages in a more convenient
>> fashion than asking them to hunt down each built package from job artefacts or
>> to build the packages themselves.
>>
>> Obviously, the aptly job in the standard Debian CI pipeline publishes a single
>> package (or maybe a collection of packages built from a single source
>> package), but I wanted to aggregate all packages published by a collection of
>> aptly repositories. Fortunately, it seems that this is possible by augmenting
>> the existing aptly job definition as shown in the following file:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/moin-team/moin/-/blob/debian/master/debian/salsa-ci.yml

For another angle, see:

  https://salsa.debian.org/philh/user-setup/-/pipelines/576662

In which I have a `harvest-repos` job that grabs artifacts from `build`
jobs in other pipelines, and an `aptly-plus` job that's got an added
`needs: harvest-repos` that can combine the artifacts from its build and
harvest-repos jobs and lump them all together.

In the resulting aptly repo you can see that it includes both the
local package (user-setup) under the 'u' directory, and 'grub-installer'
under the 'g' directory:

  https://salsa.debian.org/philh/user-setup/-/jobs/4671054/artifacts/browse/aptly/pool/main/

That's done with:

  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/branch2repo/

Quite a lot of that is already part of the standard salsa-CI pipeline,
and my aim is that branch2repo will pretty-much disapear, with its
components being optional bits of the standard pipeline, and maybe a few
variable settings.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Philip Hands -- https://hands.com/~phil