Re: Ask for reviewing

Andrey Rahmatullin:
On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 06:39:56PM +0430, Danial Behzadi wrote:
Hey folks,

I recently uploaded my python app to deb-expo. As this is my first
packaging experience in Debian, I would love to get some feedback on my
packaging to make it better.

Here is my package: https://mentors.debian.net/package/tractor/
You shouldn't make this a native package or keep an upstream changelog in
debian/changelog.

Hey Danial,

Good to see you in Debian also! Did you intend to make this a native Debian package? That means that the version in Debian is considered the canonical one, and the Debian git repo is the canonical source repo. Based on pypi, it seems that framagit is the canonical repo, so it probably makes more sense to convert this to a "source package" as Andrey suggested.

.hc