Re: .egg-info for entry points during dh_auto_test

Hi Michael (2021.10.21_18:55:51_+0000)
> pytest-lazy-fixtures is a pytest plugin and registers itself through the
> Python entrypoints mechanism. In its unitests, it assumes that this
> registration has already happened but during dh_auto_test there is no
> .egg-info directory available. I could use "python3 setup.py develop -x" to
> generate it, but this registers the package in /usr inside the build chroot
> which I think is not the best solution.

I looked at this recently for pytest-doctestplus.

The lazy answer is to run the full test suite in an autopkgtest, not at
build time.

pytest also has a mechanism to register plugins through an environment
variable, but I couldn't figure out how to get the test suite to work
with that.

If you do find a nice mechanism, we should probably apply it to the
packaging of all pytest plugins.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera