Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker

Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:

> On Sunday, January 29, 2017 08:54:57 AM Brian May wrote:
>> Can we switch away from git-dpm yet? Sure this is most likely user
>> error, however I want to try to solve an RC bug, not fix broken git-dpm
>> first.
>
> Much like the switch from svn to git, I think we need an agreed new workflow
> and tools and a migration plan.
>
> What do you propose?

I would think "gbp pq" is the most popular.

I think something like:

* Don't touch existing packages just for the sake of doing so.
* Next time you do need to update a package with a debian/.git-dpm:
  1. Delete debian/.git-dpm.
  2. Unapply all patches and commit (not sure what the easiest way is)
  3. Update debian/source/options with "unapply-patches" (anything else?).
* If you encounter a package without debian/.git-dpm, don't re-add it.
* Don't push the gbp pq patches queue branch.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>