Re: on keep providing python 2 packages

On Aug 20, 2016, at 1:19 PM, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:

> i'd like to hear the opinion of the dpmt admins and python maintainers
> on the OP matter: public module py2 mandatory support, or -in a
> boarder shape- to provide debian packages for all the versions of
> python an upstream public module supports in its code.

I’m just a user, not a maintainer or developer, but IMHO it makes sense to provide debian packages for all versions, and only those versions, in the intersection of the two sets {supported by upstream} and {supported by debian}.  Anything outside of that intersection either adds work for the debian maintainers or would be useless to debian users.

Enjoy!
Rick