Re: BioPython: Different test suite results when debuild and pdebuild

Hi Andreas,

>   File "/usr/lib/python3.3/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
>     return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]

That's may be because pdebuild sets LC_ALL=C (see #376404). Python3
uses it to determine how it needs to print unicode. Here it tries to
decode it as ascii but this fails for characters outside of 0-127. It
already bit me once as the results are different in pbuilder and
sbuild.

A solution is to explicitly set LC_ALL to tell dh_auto_tests that the
terminal is able to interpret utf8:

    LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 dh_auto_tests -- ...

HTH,

--