Re: Upload new version of Veusz

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Jeremy Sanders
<jeremy@jeremysanders.net> wrote:

> Ok - I've added this. I wasn't sure whether the correct place to
> put the keyring was in upstream/ or in upstream-signing-key.pgp,
> as there seemed to be some inconclusive discussion about whether
> upstream/ is correct. I ended up using upstream-signing-key.pgp.

That's fine.

> One unresolved question is whether to support Python 3 at the
> moment. Veusz can use either (py3 support is poorly tested,
> though). Veusz is both an app and a python module, so it's a bit
> unclear what to do. Maybe it needs splitting up into a
> module (py2 and py3) and an app (py2?)  package. The same source
> can run under both py2/3, however. There are quite a lot of
> common data files, so maybe we'd end up with
>
> veusz
> python-veusz
> python3-veusz
> python-veusz-helpers
> python3-veusz-helpers
> veusz-data
>
> It seems a bit of a nightmare of package multiplication and
> complexity though. Maybe this can be left until later?

(My understanding of) the consensus is that modules should provide
both python2 and python3 packages when possible, and individual
applications can depend on either python2 or python3. I'm not entirely
sure if there's consensus on what happens in the case where a package
provides both a python module and is an application at the same time
(I'll leave it to others on the list to chime in), but in any case,
that's not a blocker and is something you can work on for future
uploads anyways.

Built, signed, and uploaded. Oh, and don't forget to verify and close
#714891 otherwise veusz won't migrate to testing.

Regards,
Vincent