Re: style guide

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> * Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>, 2012-02-08, 16:02:
> >>http://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide
> > Thank you! This is sorely needed, and I hope it gets the blessing of
> > the core Debian Python packagers.
>
> Who are “core Debian Python packagers”?

A vaguely-defined category that I came up with for the purpose of that
post. It refers to Debian packagers of Python packages whose opinions
are well-respected by other packagers, and on that basis have
significant influence over Python packaging policies in Debian.

In other words, I'm not directing that as a request to any particular
people. I'm expressing only the hope that Barry's initial document is,
in some future form, acknowledged by policy-shapers to embody best
packaging practices. It's a thank-you to Barry and optimism at the
document's reception by the community.

--
 \        “Members of the general public commonly find copyright rules |
  `\        implausible, and simply disbelieve them.” —Jessica Litman, |