Re: Is virtualenv --setuptools still useful?

On Nov 14, 2012, at 02:00 PM, Stefano Rivera wrote:

>Hi Barry (2012.11.13_01:04:59_+0200)
>> I am upgrading Ubuntu 13.04's python-virtualenv package to 1.8.2.  This
>> could provide a basis for upgrading the Debian version in Wheezy+1.
>
>As usual, I'd say: You're a member of DPMT, which is the primary
>maintainer of this package, so please feel free to commit everything you
>do to the package's repository. I'll happily upload it to experimental.

Hi Stefano.  I was able to add the --setuptools option much more easily now
with the new upstream version of virtualenv.  I've forwarded that patch
upstream.  This also makes it much easier to enable distribute by default, and
I've done that as a separate patch (not forwarded).  I was also able to clean
up the package quite a bit since several of the patches have been applied
upstream, including the pip one (no more need to repack the pip tarball).

Everything's committed to the package's repo now, and I've done some test
builds and testing on local chroots.  If you don't mind reviewing and
uploading that to experimental, it would be great, and I'll sync it to Ubuntu
when that lands (instead of uploading a -0ubuntu1 version temporarily).

Cheers,
-Barry