Re: Sponsorship ??

* Joseph Mills <josephjamesmills@ubuntu.com>, 2012-11-07, 16:51:
Hello there I am not sure that this is going to the correct team but here it goes. I found this upstream http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/gimp-qmlexporter so I took it and packaged it. Now I want to get it into debian so that it will make its-way to Ubuntu. What the plugin does. It takes Gimp images and exports them to qml. here is a video of it working. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hgo9CWV400 so as you can see it is just a plugin for gimp. But it is wrote in python so I thought that I would try this mailing list.
I uploaded to mentors but I am not sure if it is there yet.

For those who want to take a look, it's here:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gimp-qmlexporter/gimp-qmlexporter_0.0.1-8.dsc

I don't intend to sponsor this, but here's my very quick review:

Lintian emits:

P: gimp-qmlexporter source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing line 12
P: gimp-qmlexporter source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing line 17
P: gimp-qmlexporter source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing line 18
P: gimp-qmlexporter source: source-contains-git-control-dir .git
X: gimp-qmlexporter source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper gimp-qmlexporter
I: gimp-qmlexporter source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
W: gimp-qmlexporter: empty-binary-package

The last one is caused by a combination of missing build-dependencies and bug #683551. Once the build-dependencies are fixed, lintian4python emits:

e: gimp-qmlexporter: python-module-not-byte-compiled usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/qmlexporter.py
w: gimp-qmlexporter: inconsistent-use-of-tabs-and-spaces-in-indentation usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/qmlexporter.py:71
w: gimp-qmlexporter: usr-bin-env-python-shebang usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/qmlexporter.py

--
Jakub Wilk