Re: Advise on packaging a new Python module

* Tomás Di Domenico <tdido@tdido.com.ar>, 2012-11-07, 12:30:
About the different versions in the git repository and the upstream package, that is actually my fault. I checked out the code from the upstream Mercurial repository and built the tarball myself, hence using a more recent version than the one in the tarball. It is not, however, an "official" release. How is this best handled? Should I revert the git repository so to keep it in sync with the official releases?

I think this is the way to go, yes.

Also, out of curiosity, is there ever the case where you will build a package against a particular build, without it being officially released by upstream?

I think I don't understand this question. :( Could you try to rephrase it?

--
Jakub Wilk