Re: Future of python2.6 in Debian

Hi,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 05:28:08PM +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> You can make and then support a private repo with python2.6 based on the
> last Debian release.

yes, I can. :/

I actually did something like this to get 2.6 in Lenny.

> If you expect official Debian support (including security), that means
> more work for respective people. The usual question: are you ready to do
> at least part of that work?

I'm not "expecting" that much, and I don't really feel qualified to do
much in this direction, with all the usual other problems applying, too,
but if someone says "I lead, you follow", that might be a good-enough
plan. Something like getting some supervision - eg. I don't feel
anywhere near qualified to find, much less fix, a security problem
in Python myself.

I only voiced my opinion and stated a reasoning that hasn't been
mentioned. It's of course up to the do-ers to do anything with it, or to
ignore it.

Kind regards,
--Toni++