Re: [Python-modules-team] Removal of python-qt3?

On Friday, May 18, 2012 11:48:07 AM Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering how feasible is removing Qt3 from wheezy. Even if
> we freeze soon, removing packages is never a problem :-)
>
> One of the big parts of the effort would be removing python-qt3, there are
> only 6 packages in the archive currently using python-qt3:
> * Package: mnemosyne (#604362)

The mnemosyne PyQt4 port is currently a release candidate.  Although I'm not
the maintainer of this package, I'm interested in it because my wife uses it.
I'd be willing to help with getting the RC packaged.

> Is it worth keeping python-qt3 and therefore Qt3 (that does not have any
> maintainer) in Debian only for those apps? Are the python-qt3 maintainers
> willing to continue with the python-qt3 maintenance wrt upstream work?

Although I'm not listed in uploaders, I did the last python-qt3 upload.  I
don't have the background for upstream work, but am willing to work on
packaging and integration of patches if they are available.  My only interest
in python-qt3 though is mnemosyne, so if we can get that updated, I'm all for
removing it.

Scott K