Re: ImportError: No module named multiarray (is back)

[CC me please]

hi all,

2011/11/22 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek@in.waw.pl>:
[...]
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I don't think that your problem can be solved in any simple way, apart from
> physically moving the script or providing a second helper script.
>
> This is a very unfortunate interaction between Python semantics (prepend
> realpath of script to sys.path) and the Debian way of installing modules
> (symlink farm between Python versions). Nevertheless, I think that Python is
> wrong, and Debian is right. What Python does means that it is not possible
> to run a Python script from /tmp or any other directory writeable by other
> users securely. Even if this is by design, it is not advertised well (or
> maybe even at all?) and is thus a big security hole.

Just like everything in computer, just add another extra layer of
indirection. However this is exaclty that layer of indirection that I
need help to get working.

[Copy pasted from http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2011/11/msg00059.html]
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org>:
> It'd tad easier for us to help you if you explained what you were trying to do.

Short answer: trying to package the cellprofiler application. That is all.

I can get the application working from my $HOME or /tmp no problem.
However as soon as I move the CellProfiler.py within some know python
location things behave differently.

Package is at:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/cellprofiler

However it wont be very usefull as it wont work from the installed path.

Thanks
--
Mathieu