Re: dh_python2: pyinstall files

* Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2010-11-22, 10:54:
I wanted to add flaskext/__init__.py file to python-flask binary package
yesterday and I realized it will require to add too many lines to my
tiny debian/rules file so... I implemented pyinstall feature in
dh_python2 instead (see debpython/tools.py file¹).

If dh_python2 will find debian/pkg.pyinstall file, it will install files
from that file as public modules for all requested Python versions.
[snip]

What do you think?

I doubt it will be useful for more than a handful packages.

Is it worth adding also pkg.pyremove and pkg.pyrename files?

Ditto.

What other features would you like to see in dh_python2 or
dh_python3 (pyinstall doesn't make sense in dh_python3 as you can simply use dh_install to install into /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/)?

And what if you'd need install different set of files for 3.X and 3.Y? (I think I known the answer, but maybe others don't.)

--
Jakub Wilk