Re: Would like a sponsor to upload the new version of python-foolscap

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> That strikes me as a rather obnoxious thing to do. Why change the topic
> for the whole channel, rather than just communicating as an individual
> asking for assistance?

It's rather obnoxious to assume I didn't communicate as an individual
asking for assistance. When I did that, jwilk told me to add the
package to the list of packages in the topic waiting to be reviewed,
as is the standard operating procedure for the DPMT. It's also
described here: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/TODO

I don't go around changing topics of IRC channels unless I'm certain
that it's appropriate for me to do so.

> Write a normal RFS (Request For Sponsor) message for the package, and
> send it to ‘debian-mentors’ and ‘debian-python’. Ideally, upload the
> package to mentors.debian.net and mark it as requesting a sponsor, which
> will cause an automated message to appear in the ‘#debian-mentors’
> channel.

Thanks, I can do that. This advice conflicts with what jwilk told me
on #debian-python, which was that the DPMT does not make use of
mentors.debian.net so I should not waste the effort. However, if this
makes it easier for a sponsor to upload the package, I'm happy to
upload to mentors as well (just completed, will file the RFS in a
bit).

I appreciate your prompt feedback, both on this and the python-whisper
package. It's always nice to get a quick response while a bit of work
is fresh in your mind, so it's easier to revise.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/