Re: RFS: python-whisper

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Elliot Murphy <elliot@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors and python-module-packagers,
>
> I joined the team recently, injected my package into svn, and have now
> uploaded it to mentors. The package looks lintian-clean, and my test
> installations have worked OK. I'll gladly fix anything a sponsor might
> request to be fixed. Below is the RFS template, and thanks for your help!
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python-whisper".
>
> * Package name    : python-whisper
>  Version         : 0.9.5-1
>  Upstream Author : Chris Davis <chrismd at gmail com>
> * URL             : http://pypi.python.org/pypi/whisper/0.9.5
> * License         : Apache Software License 2.0
>  Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python-whisper - fast, reliable storage of numeric data over time.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 563765
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: I want to package the
> cool metrics graphing software called Graphite, and this is one of the
> dependencies. I expect 3 packages in total: this one, and two
> applications called python-carbon and graphite-web.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-whisper/python-whisper_0.9.5-1.dsc

Today I have switched python-whisper to use python-support instead of
python-central, as requested by jwilk on IRC. Previously I had updated
the short description as requested by Ben. Any other changes that are
needed? I would still like to find a sponsor to upload this package.
Thanks!

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/