Re: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system foo.egg-info/SOURCES.txt

Adam <Adam.Schmalhofer@gmx.de> writes:

> I think "setup.py clean" (which gets called by dh_auto_clean) really
> should just delete SOURCES.txt. I just filed a bug upstream against
> python-distribute:
>
> http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/122/setuppy-clean-should-delete-sourcestxt

I disagree; the ‘SOURCES.txt’ file is distributed as source, so
automatically deleting that file is too much magic. Rather, the build
process should not modify the source files at all.

But, before any changes happen to the upstream build tools, I was asking
what we could do with Debian tools:

--
 \      “What we usually pray to God is not that His will be done, but |
  `\                       that He approve ours.” —Helga Bergold Gross |